These units are fully completed answers to the knwoledge questions in the following units:
CCLD 206 Support children’s play and learning
What is this unit about? This unit is about supporting children’s learning through play. Although the unit is suitable for work with young children in their pre-school years and in play based early education it is applicable in other circumstances with older children.
Who is this unit for? This unit is for you if you work in a setting or service whose main purpose is to support the care, learning and development of children in partnership with their families. The unit is suitable if you work as an assistant supporting children’s play and learning in a variety of different settings such as centre or home based childcare, crèches or pre-schools.
Principles and values You must work within the principles and values of the sector in order to achieve this unit.
Content of unit The elements are:
1. Participate in activities to encourage communication and language
2. Provide opportunities for children’s drama and imaginative play
3. Encourage children to be creative
4. Support physical play and exercise
5. Encourage children to explore and investigate
These completed units should be used for reference purposes only.